After his recent last day transfer from the Spanish side, Athletico Madrid to the English Premier League side Arsenal, Black Stars midfielder and vice-captain Thomas Teye Partey has been named as the highest-earning African player in the English Premier League.
According to some statistics spotted by thegossipmall.com, it is revealed that Thomas Partey makes more money than most of the already established names in the Premier League who are Africans such as Mohammed Salah, Sadio Made of Liverpool, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
From the list, Partey’s new weekly wage which is reported to be £260,000 is the 6th highest salary of any footballer in the Premier League.
Check out the list as compiled by the website GiveMeSports.
Full list below…
20. Timo Werner | Chelsea | £179,000-per-week
19. Roberto Firmino | Liverpool | £180,000-per-week
18. Alexandre Lacazette | Arsenal | £182,051-per-week
17. Ben Chilwell | Chelsea | £190,000-per-week
16. Willian | Arsenal | £192,308-per-week
12. Tanguy Ndombele | Tottenham | £200,000-per-week
12. Harry Kane | Tottenham | £200,000-per-week
12. Marcus Rashford | Man United | £200,000-per-week
12. Mohamed Salah | Liverpool | £200,000-per-week
11. Edinson Cavani | Man United | £210,000-per-week
10. Gareth Bale | Tottenham | £220,000-per-week
9. Sergio Aguero | Man City | £230,135-per-week
8. Anthony Martial | Man United | £250,000-per-week
7. Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang | Arsenal | £250,000-per-week
6. Thomas Partey | Arsenal | £260,000-per-week
5. Mesut Ozil | Arsenal | £268,750-per-week
4. Paul Pogba | Man United | £290,000-per-week
3. Raheem Sterling | Man City | £300,000-per-week
2. Kevin De Bruyne | Man City | £320,833-per-week
1. David de Gea | Man United | £375,000-per-week